Monday, October 1, 2012

Christmas JOY

I just got the Merry and Bright stamp set this weekend and have been trying a variety of techniques with it.  While I'm entering this card at the Heart2Heart Christmas part 1 challenge too late to be considered for the contest, I'm too pleased with how it finally came together not to share, LOL.

 
details:  All products used were from CTMH.  I started with adhering Cashmere cardstock onto a Colonial White die cut trifold card (Z1738) and I used the Pear and Partridge paper for the flap and "J" and "Y."  The sentiment and wreath are both from the Merry and Bright stamp set (C1510).  I stamped the sentiment in Cranberry and used New England Ivy ink on Olive cardstock for the wreath.  I stamped the little flowers (from the same set) on Colonia White using Cranberry ink but they were a little too bright so I gently sponged Bamboo to tone it down just the tiniest bit.  I made the bow using Cranberry grosgrain ribbon and used medium toned mocha Opaques (Z1333) on the letters and one of the Antiqued Copper brads (Z1410) on the flap.  FYI, I used my Gypsy to size and center two circles together at 2.25" and 1.25" so I could use my Cricut to cut the base for the wreath, and also used the decorative font on the Art Philosophy cartridge (also at 2.25") for the "J" and "Y."
 
Happy crafting!  Annette


2 comments:

  1. I Love your card...what a wonderful use of the Merry and Bright wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Nancy, I just love both the Merry and Bright stamp set and the Pear and Partridge papers. I may add to the people on my Christmas card list just so I can have an excuse to make more cards! ;-)

    ReplyDelete