Saturday, January 11, 2014

Buzzing with good wishes for a Mojo Monday challenge

One of the goals I've set for myself this year is to NOT wait until the very last minute for inspiration to strike, and since tomorrow is going to be a very busy day at my house it was good motivation to work on this card today -- 1 whole day before the deadline!  lol  At any rate, I really liked the sketch challenge this week at Mojo Monday and for whatever reason, when I saw the vertical strip along the left side it made me think of the burlap ribbon I have since summer and only used once.  As I looked through my papers and stamps I came across this Quick Card-Bumblebee stamp I got to use with the Buzz and Bumble kit but had never gotten around to using, so this is what i came up with.

Both the honeycomb and orange patterned papers are from the discontinued B&B kit which called for Cocoa but I when I stamped it the first time I thought it came off a little darker than I wanted so I switched the ink for the bee stamp and the cardstock embellishment below that for Chocolate.  I also used Chocolate ink with the alpha from the "You Are My Happy" campaign this fall.  The cardstock embellishment was a cut from the Artiste Cricut cartridge from CTMH.  This card is quite a contrast from the last one I made which featured a snowflake background but if you lived anywhere in the US and experienced the cold snap that just went through, you'll understand why I'm dreaming of all things spring-related!
Happy crafting!  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment