Saturday, February 1, 2014

oodles of fun

Sometimes you have to make a project just because you can, for the pleasure of it and for no other reason than the joy of inking up some new stamps.  The premier of new Idea Books is always an exciting time for CTMH enthusiasts but this is an especially exciting time for me.  I've had a lifelong dream of having some kind of hobby/craft business and for the last few years I've had the goal of slowly building up my business and reputation as a consultant for CTMH so that when I became an empty nester I would be ready to make that dream come true.  I am so happy to say that the last couple of weeks everything has really started coming together just the way I have imagined it:  I get to share a hobby I am passionate about, meet new people, and share new techniques and the delightful products CTMH designs.  So, this pretty much sums up how I'm feeling tonight and I have a hunch when everyone gets to see the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book starting today, a lot of folks are going to feel the same way!



















details:  Naturally, all products are from CTMH.  The tag layers were cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge using the Dotty For You paper.  Then I arranged letters from the Framework alphabet in the center of the tag and on a separate piece of cardstock.  I then used Cranberry, Cotton Candy, Sunset, Topiary, Lagoon, and Gypsy with the new Oodles of Doodles stamp set to add colors to the stamped image on the spare cardstock, fussy cut each letter, and glued them in place.  I used the Doodle Signs (a hostess rewards exclusive stamp set) for the heart.  Since that image didn't have an outline I simply ran the edges of the piece over my black ink pad so that it would have the same kind of definition as the letters, and I finished the tag off with a strip of (discontinued) white grosgrain ribbon.

Happy crafting!  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment