Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A Little Retro Southwestern Fun for AHSC #172

Hello, crafty friends!  This is another project based on this sketch designed by Michelle Stewart for this week's challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #172.  I love all the sketches she gives us to work with but this one was probably the most challenging for me so far.  I don't know what you do when you're working on a project and feel a little stuck, but I tend to find inspiration by throwing out the rule book and just having fun and that's exactly what I did with this one!

Everything I used for this one is a retired CTMH product and honestly, most of it was from my scrap stash.  All of the papers are from the Jackson paper pack except for the two-tone orange papers used for one of the banners, which was from the Sarita kit.  I also this paper for the flower on the cactus, which was stamped with Autumn Terra Cotta ink using the Stuck On You set.  The other non-Jackson paper I chose was this green patterned paper with speckles from the long ago Footloose kit, which was stamped in Ponderosa Pine ink.  The center of the flower is one of the medium sized gold Bling Gem Assortment pieces.  The flower pot was also stamped with Goldrush ink, but it was stamped once on the base piece and then again on a scrap so that I could fussy cut the lip of the pot and glue it on top of the full stamped image for a little bit of dimension.  FYI, the shaped base piece at the bottom of the card was cut with the Artistry cartridge using more papers from the Jackson set.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see your project entered in this week's challenge over at AHSC.  As always, you have until 10 pm Central on Sunday, 8/14, to play along with this sketch.  Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

1 comment:

  1. Of course me being from Arizona, I love cactus and I like how you changed up the flair of papers behind the cactus pot...great southwest card.

    ReplyDelete