Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Cricut Cartridges for CTMH Featured Products Blog Hopc

Hello and welcome back for another installment of the Close To My Heart Featured Products Blog Hop, where this week we are bringing you projects made with CTMH's exclusive Cricut Cartridges.  If you arrived here from Janna's blog you are in the right place, but as always, hops are circular things so you are welcome to jump in anywhere along the way and simply follow  the links until you've made the rounds.  I have included a complete list of participants at the end of this page just in case you get lost.

Currently there are 5 to choose from:  ArtistryArtbookingFlower Market (physical and digital), City Sidewalks (digital only), and Artfully Sent (available only while supplies last).  I love images from each of them, but I chose to bring you a holiday themed decor project from the Artistry cartridge.

My stash of retired CTMH products is getting a little out of hand, so I wanted to make a fun piece using some of my favorite papers from years past.  I started out by usingn Cricut Design Space so I could customize the image just a bit by contouring (basically hiding) the leaf cutouts in the lighter green base layer, which was cut at 10.27" on a paper from the LONG retired Believe kit.  I then used the same measurement and cut another wreath image at the same size without contouring, using the Topiary piece of the earlier version of our Fundamentals (the ones that featured a white toned pattern on one side and a glossy same-color pattern on the flip side).  I then inserted a circle shape from DS and sized it so it would cover the holly berries (1/2" worked for me) and I cut most of them from the glossy side of the older Cranberry Fundamentals and about one-third of the circles from the flip side.  To create the sentiment, which was also from the Artistry cartridge, I sized the image at 1.93" height in the red patterned paper from the Believe kit and then I used the glossy side of the old Sweet Leaf Fundamental to layer "Christmas" on it.  I had thought I might cut a 3-D bow from the retired Artiste cartridge but once I had everything put together, I decided I liked the clean and simple look so I left it as it is.

And that is all there is to my project today.  Now I get to send you on over to Corinna's blog so she can further inspire you.  I hope you will join us again on November 30th when we will be showcasing a variety of seasonal gift tags created from our favorite CTMH Cricut cartridges and our My Acrylix stamp sets.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

Complete list of participants:

1.  Lauren Moore

2.  Janna Gray

3.  Annette Clark (here)

4.  Corinna Murphy

2 comments: