Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Little Dreamer for CTMH Featured Products Blog Hop

Hello and welcome back, crafty friends!  I'm so glad you could join us for this week's Close To My Heart (CTMH) Featured Products Blog Hop.  This time we are presenting projects from the new Little Dreamer paper kit, the coordinating card making stamp and die set, the scrapbooking stamp and die set, or the color palette of Black, Blossom, Glacier, Lagoon, Emerald, Lemon, Tangerine, Thistle, and White Daisy.  Not only are the colors beautifully vibrant, but the images in this kit are absolutely adorable!  If you came here from Lauren's blog you are in the right place and your next stop from here will be Corinna's blog, but hops are circular so you are welcome to jump in anywhere along the line and simply follow the links until you've made the rounds.  I have included a complete list of this week's participants in case you get lost along the way.


details:  I am not sure of the "official" name for this card pattern but it's the first step card I learned to make, and I just love using it.  Using the Little Dreamer papers, I used the Artistry cartridge to cut this Earth image and another circle at 3" height and I made sure to align the patterned lines of the blue paper with the rainbow stripes.  Once I had those layers glued together and positioned where I wanted them (making sure the Earth went off the top of the card by about 1/4"), I had to fussy cut the edges of the central part of the card so the rectangular corners weren't sticking out.

I used Blossom and Thistle inks with the Little Dreamer scrapbooking stamp and thin cuts to create the banner, and then I used the smallest heart from the Basic Hearts thin cuts with the Blossom flower-patterned paper and stamped the "you" in Thistle ink.  I stamped the "colorful" sentiment multiple times on white cardstock and fussy cut each letter out (I had planned ahead to use the C and U in white as those letters were basically reversible so once I stamped and cut them I could flip them over to use the unstamped side) and glued them along the bottom of the card.  Once the letters were in place I could position the heart and banner and add a little sparkle from the Little Dreamer glitter gems.  I plan to use this as a graduation card for a lovely young lady from our church who is graduating high school this week and is very into fashion and modeling, and whose mother scrapbooks with me.  I sure hope she likes it!

And that's all there is for this project I'm just getting started with this kit and the possibilities are endless.  Don't forget to stop by Corinna's blog to see what she has in store for you, too.  I hope you will join us again on Wednesday, 6/7/17, when we will bring you projects featuring the No Worries kit. Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

Complete list of this week's participants:

1.  Lauren Moore

2.  Annette Clark (here)

3.  Corinna Murphy

1 comment: