Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Hello Pumpkin for AHSC #282


 Hello again, crafty friends!  I have a cheerful little card to show you today based on this week's sketch at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog and some new Halloween themed products from the new CTMH Seasonal Expressions catalog.  I really miss having young children to dress up in costumes and having trick or treaters, so I'm not sure who I will give or send this card to, but I sure had fun putting it together!  Before we get started, though, I want to let everyone know how much we enjoy seeing your artwork too and that you have until 10:55 pm Eastern/9:55 pm Central on Sunday, 9/23/18, to link your projects HERE.






































details:  Both the black and white diamond patterned paper and the star patterned paper are from the new Hello Pumpkin paper pack, and the starred panel is set on another layer of Nectarine (one of eleven new colors just introduced).  Both the sentiment and the adorable pumpkin image are from the Hello Pumpkin cardmaking stamp set (which can be purchased with or without the coordinating die cut set).

To make the pumpkin image, I first stamped the striped pumpkin image and then the solid image in Nectarine ink, followed by the outline in Momenta black ink.  Then I practiced on scraps a bit so I could stamp the face and stem at the same time.  I stamped the stem image on a piece of scratch paper,cut it out, and used it as a mask so I could use a sponge dauber to apply Willow ink without worrying about the green bleeding over into the Nectarine.  I then ran the completed image through my Cuttlebug with the pumpkin die cut.  I didn't have the stem quite limed up so that the die matched up but I only had to trim that piece a bit and it looked fine.

I also used my Cuttlebug and the largest of the Basic Circles dies to cut a circle of the lighter shade of Lemon cardstock to make what I *hope* looks like a full moon.  To add to that effect, I used another sponge dauber and applied Lemon ink about 1/4" around the edges, and Nectarine ink on the very edges.  The banner behind the "moon" and pumpkin is just a 7/8" wide strip of Lagoon cardstock.  For the finishing touch, I added a few Lagoon colored puffy stars that were part of the Complements set from a retired Halloween themed set called Jeepers Creepers.

And, once again, that's all there is to this one!  I don't know about you, but I love this time of year:  I love the warm afternoons and chilly evenings, the start of a new school year, and that nice little lull between the end of summer and the busyness of the upcoming holiday season.  At least for me, it's also a time to pause and take stock of all I have to be grateful for, and I find myself inspired not just to create cards and scrapbook pages but to tidy up the house to get a jump start on preparing for holiday guests, and I actually enjoy cooking more!  I hope you that wherever you are, whatever the season, you find yourself inspired and grateful for the little things that make up the life you have built for yourself and your loved ones.  And should you find a little time to be creative and play with us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge we would love to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette



No comments:

Post a Comment