Monday, January 21, 2013

Playdate cafe #165 and using what I've got

I was so inspired by the color combo at the Playdate Cafe #165 where this week's challenge called for using plum, mustard, and rose.  I went through all my stamps (more than once, to be honest) looking for something that seemed feminine enough for this elegant color combo and I kept coming back to this beautifully delicate butterfly image. 

Once again, all supplies used were from Close To My Heart.  I used the Quick Cards-Butterfly stamp set, and after experimenting with several color and shade combinations I ended up going with Pansy Purple, Creme Brulee, and Hollyhock.  These might be slightly darker colors than those suggested at PDCC but I inked the stamp in the Creme Brulee and sponged the other colors onto the stamp which toned down and softened the colors, and then I stamped the sentiment directly in the ink so the lettering would stand out.  I used the AP cartridge to cut the tag using the same colors CS as the ink, sponging Hollyhock onto the edges of the Creme Brulee frame and then finished everything off with a Hollyhock brad.  I plan on using this tag as an embellishment for a page in my personal scrapbook/journal and I also get the satisfaction of knowing I've made use of another stamp in my stash that was waiting to see ink.

Happy crafting!  Annette

2 comments:

  1. I love the shading on the stamp! (even though they are a bit darker than the palette, hah, that's ok :) Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the butterfly image was a great choice. The tag is beautiful! Your rock and roll technique on the butterfly is perfect. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete