Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Seize the Birthday #2 with *new* papers

I know we CTMH consultants are supposed to keep the items from the new Idea Book under wraps until 2/1/13 but I keep seeing little peeks here and there and I was just so excited to see a masculine paper I could really use for my guys that I couldn't resist!  So here is a sneak peek at one of the new paper kits in the Spring/Summer Idea Book which goes online Feb. 1st, but if you live in southwest Iowa contact me to get an invite to my open house on January 27th and get your Idea Book to see all the fabulous new products for yourself!

Ok, as I said, I simply could not resist using this paper for this week's Seize the Birthday masculine card challenge from their featured sketch.  All products used are from Close To My Heart:  I used the new "Later Sk8r" paper kit, I cut the gear using the Artiste cartridge on Slate paper which I backed with a simple circle of Whisper, I edged and random sponged Slate over the gear as well to give it some dimension.  The sentiment was stamped in Outdoor Denim using a retired set called "Gear Up" which is yet another set I hadn't quite gotten around to using yet but I think this one will be seeing a lot of ink in the near future.
Talk about a banner day!  I had a paid holiday, I posted 2 projects, broke out 2 stamps I had not used before, I got to use a new paper kit and the Artiste cartridge, AND I'm over a month *early* making a birthday card with a specific person in mind.  Oh, yeah, and we had lots of leftovers from the weekend so I didn't even have to cook!!!!  This is pretty close to heaven on earth, LOL.
 
Happy crafting, Annette

1 comment:

  1. hi annette... greta little card

    Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday this week
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete