Wednesday, June 12, 2013

a stamping project you may not have considered...

Since this isn't the usual papercrafting project and the challenge this week at Paper Playtime is "Anything Goes," I thought this would be a good project to share.

So my daughter and I are signed up to do our first Relay for Life and I purchased some luminaries to decorate.  I was inspired to use my Close To My Heart stamping products on them and I was so impressed with how they turned out and how quickly and easily they came together.  As it turns out, the very day I had set aside to make the luminaries, someone very dear to my family was receiving a diagnosis so I left my stamps set up on the blocks, made a phone call to our team's organizer, and got some more  luminaries delivered right to my door and we're still making them so our loved one will have a big show of support right from day one! 


Here's a tip, though, use the liner that's used as backing in your stamp packages and slip it inside the bag so the folds and extra layers of the bag won't throw your stamped images off.  For this project I used the discontinued "Always Remember" and "Tiny Typewrite" stamps in Pear along with the Bohemian alphabet in Cotton Candy.

Happy (and heartfelt) crafting Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment