Saturday, August 3, 2013

first layout with the Artbooking cartridge!

Just in case you haven't heard the news...  Close To My Heart has come out with another exclusive Cricut  cartridge and it is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!  Here's my first layout using the Artbooking cartridge:




















I am finishing up my daughter's graduation and senior year pics so I really wanted to use the school's colors.  I tried one of the layouts in red and one in black and ended up taking the negative space pieces from one and trimming them down about 1/4" and resetting them in place.  I had to use my computer to scan, copy and size the mascot emblem and I cut a piece of cardstock down to a 4x6" rectangle and ran it through the printer, cut it in a circle and inked the edges to make it stand out.  I also cut the banner photo mat with the Artbooking cartridge and used the Keyboard Uppercase stamp set for "class of 2013."  Prior to getting the cartridge I had already cut out several of the "Red Raiders" pieces using an alpha from a Cricut cartridge called Paper Lace so I used those, and I just love what I came up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment