Sunday, October 13, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness month

I have been following a fun & fabulous new blog, Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, for some time but things haven't worked out for me to enter any of their challenges yet.  However, having lost my mother to breast cancer at a very young age, I have a personal goal to post at least one project to support awareness each October and as soon as I saw this sketch I began thinking of ways to use it for my pink ribbon card.  So here's the sketch followed by my take and PLEASE, if you haven't scheduled your mammogram this year, challenge yourself to do so!  :-)
details:  As usual, all projects used are from Close To My Heart although several are discontinued.  The base and border for the center panel are Hollyhock CS, the pink lacy patterned paper is from the discontinued "Lucy" kit.  The middle layer was sponged with Baby Pink on white CS and stamped in Cotton Candy with one of the pieces from the "Save the Date" set; the 'live, laugh, love' sentiment is from the "Love Life" stamp set and the ribbon was stamped in Cotton Candy using the "Always Remember" stamp set.  The sentiment  inside the card was stamped in Cotton Candy again using the retired set "Rustic Alphabet."

5 comments:

  1. Annette this card is very nice. Breast cancer has touched so many, I'm glad you continue to create & honor. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this card! What a stunner! TFS and playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card. That is a good challenge to set for yourself to create a project every year. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is awesome. I love the Always Remember stamp set and what you did with it.

    Thank you for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Love the inside.
    Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete