Thursday, February 13, 2014

Wild About Love

We all have those weeks where daily life gets in the way of our crafting, and this was one of those weeks.  Nothing big, just lots of little things to keep me a little extra busy so it was taking me longer than usual to figure out what I wanted to try with this week's color combination at Color My Heart (which was Ruby, Cotton Candy, and Sunset) and the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.  So even though I didn't make the deadline for either challenge I found that I still wanted to make it, even if it was just a chance to get my fingers inky again.  :-)
details:  All products are from CTMH.  The border is from the Sarita paper kit, the banner was stamped with Ruby ink on Cotton Candy cardstock using the discontinued (but still my go-to) Tiny Typewriter alpha.  All  the other stamped images are from the February Stamp of the Month, "Wild About Love."  I even used the small heart from that set to stamp on the opposite side of the patterned paper I used for the border and then I just cut the heart out so the side I wanted to use was the right shape but free from ink.  I also sponged the edges of the banner with Ruby and stamped the "wild thing" image on a shape I cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge.  This makes me think of grade school Valentines and makes me nostalgic for the days when I had little ones that age.



Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment