Saturday, May 24, 2014

new school colors for graduation

This is the first graduating class of our recently combined high school and the school colors are teal, black, and silver.  It took me a while to get something worked up (considering graduation was last week, lol) BUT I did come up with something I'm happy with just in time for the reception of my daughter's best friend.  I was also inspired by this week's sketch at Mojo Monday.





















details:  I made my own background paper for the main portion of this card.  To do that, I stamped using the BACK side of the cross stitched border stamp from the January '14 stamp of the month, Cross Stitch Wishes, in Lagoon.  I then stamped the stitched looking lines in black using a stamp from the same set and I used CTMH's metallic silver marker for the thin solid lines.  I must say, using the Versamat and our ruler to line up and space everything.  I embellished with the teal, black, and silver shimmer trims and aqua dots and the silver glitter gems from the Frosted card workshop on the go in the last catalog.  I punched a 2" scalloped circle with a punch and used black ink and the Congrats Graduate stamp set for the focal point.  I also used the metallic silver marker again to hand-draw a faux stitched border around the scallop and inked the edges in black.


Happy crafting and best wishes to all the new grads out there!  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment