Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Calypso Birthday for Between The Folds Challenge


Hello, crafty friends!  It's officially summer and here at my home in Iowa that means heat, humidity, and lots of family get-togethers for all the summer holidays and birthdays, particularly my sister's and husband's as their celebrations are just days apart and fall on either side of the 4th of July.  Luckily, the theme this week over at the Between The Folds challenge is birthdays and the theme over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges is Calypso paper!  My sister is a big fan of pink and I already had the paper, stamps, and embellishments in mind, I knew her card would come together quickly so I created hers first.  She is a sweet, gentle soul so I wanted to create a soft but whimsical card for her.  Hopefully this will bring a big smile to her face and earn me a hug!  

details:  I started with a piece of Lagoon CS and the speckled Calypso paper for the card base.  Then I cut the and corresponding layer from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (p. 52 of the booklet) at 3 1/2", the plain oval image in white and the layer image in Calypso's pink watercolor-looking paper.  For the accents, I used the turquoise blueleaf greenpeony purple, and tender pink alcohol makers to color the retired Opaques faux pearl gems.  Each of the stamped images was done with Black Memento Ink and fussy cut from the May Stamp of the Month, Celebrate With Cake, using a scrap piece of the striped 4x 6" printed piece for the candle and the yellow and white wide-striped Calypso paper for the banner with Lagoon ink for the sentiment.

And that's all there is to that one!  Thanks for stopping by to take a look and please take time to check out all the fabulous birthday-themed projects at this week's BTF Challenge, and we'd love to see your creations too!  Entries for BTF can be linked up until 10:55 p.m. Central on Monday, 7/4, and the Calypso challenge over at Heart 2 Heart runs through June 30th.  Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Love the different colours of pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I love it! I love the colours of the dots! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H) and Between the Folds (BTF)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H & BTF
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete