Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Fabulous Florence for BTF Challenge

Welcome!  This week at the Between The Folds Challenge we are featuring projects using CTMH's fabulous Florence paper kit and coordinating embellishments.  This collection has a fresh, floral Bohemian kind of theme and I have so many projects I want to do with it, but today I want to share a 2-page layout based on the fourth pattern in the Make It From Your Heart Vol. 1.

















This is a fun and easy layout pattern to work with, it mostly consists of 3" squares with rounded corners.  One tip I've found for easier placement is to lay both pages on one of my older 12 x 24" Cricut mats and align things with my 14" ruler.  I used a little of the Flaxen patterned paper from the original (retired) set of fundamental papers where the photos will go and the zip strips from one of the patterned pages in the kit.  I also added some of the Florence complements for a little added interest.  It's hard to do these embellishments justice in a picture but they feature a lovely rose gold metallic finish, which I love!  The medallion was stamped with the Ornate Blossoms set and I haven't decided whether I will color it in with water color pencils or leave it as is, as I want to see how it looks once I choose my photos and have them in place.

And that's all there is to this one.  I love when projects are this easy but look so great!  Don't forget to check out the rest of this week's projects at the BTF Challenge, you wont' want to miss them.  We are so blessed to have such a talented group of folks on our design team and followers but there's always room for one more so I really hope you will join us and share your Florence-based project!

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment