Friday, September 7, 2018

Birthday Wishes for AHSC #280



Hello again, crafty friends!  I've had such a busy week that I've had to start and stop several times with this project based on this week's sketch from the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and I'm not sure it's exactly what I started out to create, but it was fun to pull out some older products and make something new with them so here we are!




details:  All the papers used for this cheerful birthday card are from the retired paper kit called Confetti Wishes.  I started with creating a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card base of Thistle cardstock and a 4 x 5 1/4" panel of this super cute birthday candle-patterned paper.  In the center is a 2 x 3 1/8" panel of Canary cardstock, and then I cut a 1/7/8 x 3" piece of this patterned paper, being careful to cut out just the piece I wanted so that the "happy birthday" cloud was at the center.  For the banner on the left, I cut a piece of 4 x 1 1/16" rectangle of retired Pacifica cardstock and a 3 15/16 x 15/16" panel of this diagonally striped paper and dovedtailed them both.

The balloons are from a retired set called Balloons, stamped them with Memento black ink on white cardstock and colored in with the following ShinHan markers:  Leaf GreenGolden YellowPeony PurpleMarine Blue, and Turquoise Blue, fussy cut, tied together with separated strands of black hemp twine, and the dotted balloon was popped up with 3-D tape.

In place of the sentiment banner you see in the center of the sketch, I chose to create a sentiment banner instead.  I used the curved stem piece from the MFT Stamps stitched flowers die cut set with Thistle cardstock for the line to attach the mini banners to, which are just pieces fussy cut from the zip strip from this Confetti Wishes paper set.  I used Pacifica ink with the "to" from a miscellaneous Christmas gift tag stamp set and the long retired Tiny Typewriter alpha from CTMH.  I added a Thistle-colored, heart shaped enamel gem from the retired purple hearts enamel and glitter duos to one mini banner and some bitty sparkles between each of those banners.

And at long last, it's done!  I think this is a fabulous sketch and I hope you can find some crafty time in your busy weekends and can share your projects with us at AHSC.  As always, you have until 10:55 pm Eastern/9:55 pm Central on Sunday, 9/9/2018, to submit your creation, which you can do HERE.  Don't forget to stop by and check out the rest of the design team's projects, too, they have some really fabulous artwork to share with you!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment