Monday, February 4, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches challenge with Chantilly

This is one of the new papers from Close To My Heart's Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book, and I think these colors just sing "spring" so I was tickled pink (among other colors, LOL) to use this for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge this week.  Using this kit also gave me the opportunity to use several features on the Art Philosophy cartridge I hadn't used before as well as the Artiste cartridge, and I love how much I can do between these two cartridges!  Here's this week's inspiration sketch:


I used the AP cartridge to cut the tag and eggs and the Artiste cartridge to cut "Happy Easter" and the small banner (I just stamped "to you" using the A Typeface stamp set).  Both eggs have two layers and for the pink one, I sponged Cotton Candy over the decorative layer and Ruby around the edges, and I cut the decorative layer in Buttercup and adhered small pieces of some of two more papers from the Chantilly kit and Twilight cs.  I also used Sunset ribbon and Sweet Leaf brads; the kit uses Pear for the green but I had to substitute, hope it blends well enough.  It can be a little tricky to use a busy pattern for the background but I tried to balance or ground it by using Champagne and white for the tag and banner.
Happy crafting!  Annette

3 comments:

  1. Sweet Easter Eggs! Great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card, love the bright colors! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love the designer papers and the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete