Sunday, February 17, 2013

Seeing red for the Pause, Dream & Enjoy challenge

This week's challenge at the Pause, Dream and Enjoy challenge was to use mostly red.  While I have nothing against red it isn't necessarily my go-to color either, but then something reminded me of the Go Red for Women campaign each February to help make women more aware and proactive with their heart health, and this simple little card is what I came up with.

As usual, all products are from Close To My Heart.  I used the retired Be Yourself stamp set which I first stamped in black and then in Ruby on a separate piece of CS, then I cut out the dress and shoe areas of the red stamped image and glued them on the black stamped image.  This is stamp set I've had for awhile and hadn't used yet but I really like it, I especially like how it gives a sort of modern silhouette image when stamped like this.  I also *love* CTMH's new Silver Shimmer Trim, it's so versatile!  I wanted thin strips of silver to frame the image so I cut two strips of the shimmer tape, one the length of the card and one the height, and then I cut each strip up the middle and it was so easy to work with.  I also added a red sparkle where each strip overlapped.  The sentiment was also stamped in Ruby.
So ladies, please remember to take care of yourselves and your hearts!

happy crafting, Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment