Monday, January 25, 2016

Nautical theme for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

Hello, crafty friends!  I was really inspired to make a card based on this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts sketch Challenge but some weeks are crazier than others.  I had a crafty Sunday all planned with plenty of projects, starting with this card, but a young friend came over for some scrapbook lessons and since one of the things I love most about being a consultant with CTMH is teaching people the joys of memory keeping, I decided real life came first.  So, I actually missed the deadline for the challenge BUT I've had this card on my mind all week and I wanted to make it for my hubby's valentine, so I made it anyway.  He wasn't in the Navy nor does he own a boat, but he absolutely loves the water and this sentiment couldn't be more true, he really IS my anchor!  We've been married 29 years and in that time we've had our share of "rough seas" but he always keeps my spirits "afloat."  I think that's pretty important in a mate!

details:  I ended up using all retired products for this one.  CTMH has a lovely new nautical themed paper called Regatta but I didn't have any on hand yet, but I still had some of this lovely Tommy paper, and all the papers I used are from that kit.  I fussy cut the anchor from one of the pages and used a punch to cut another one and layered them before popping the image up with 3-D take and using the natural colored decorative hemp CTMH carried several years ago for the "rope."  I created my own sentiment using the Keyboard alpha in Outdoor Denim ink.






 A note about the inside:  One of  the reasons I wanted to use this paper was because I'd created most of these elements from it for a card last year but that project just never came together.  However, I really liked that curvy arrow (from the Artbooking Cricut cartridge) and the little "scroll" that I originally cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge and rolled and distress inked with Brown Bag.  The little compass is stamped and cut from an old monthly special set called, "Pair A Phrase," which was the cutest set and one I continue to use quite often.

And that's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

5 comments:

  1. Send me an email at stewart.78@hotmail.com, AHSC Michelle Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Inside and out! Very cool! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful card. I can relate to it very much living near the ocean in NS. Also, that Tommy paper collection is one of my forever-faves! Great to see you at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I love all things nautical and ocean themed. I miss living close to the ocean. Your card and saying are wonderful! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card! I have almost this entire paper pack left and it would make some perfect Valentines.

    ReplyDelete