Friday, January 29, 2016

"One" Challenge at H2H

The first challenge of 2016 over at the Heart 2 Heart blog is, appropriately enough, entitled "One."  As we get closer to February, I was looking for a new hearts and love themed display for the shelf above my craft space and I came across this photo I've had for ages.  I am guilty of never liking to see photos of myself but this one still manages to make me smile.  It was taken by a dear friend when my husband and I got to spend an evening out without the children, which was quite a rare treat considering one child had severe epilepsy and cerebral palsy and the other had life threatening food allergies.  Anyway, we all had a great time that night and I couldn't think of a better photo to use for a Valentine display and, coincidentally, this is the first layout I've completed in the new year!
details:  The background paper is from the La Vie En Rose paper pack.  I used the Artbooking Cricut cartridge to cut the photo mat in Pixie CS and added the Ruby colored hearts from the retired Stuck On You Puffies.  I also used Artbooking to cut both sentiments twice, once in the older version of CTMH's Fundamentals as the Ruby color had a clear embossed heart pattern on it, and I cut another layer in Black CS for a shadow layer.  I then used the Designed Decor Black Shadow Box Frame which is turning out to be my go-to for displays.
Note:  This smaller picture was my first version in which I used Ruby for the photo mat and Pixie for the title words, but I was disappointed in how much the words blended in with the background and essentially got "lost," so I just thought I'd share in order to encourage newer scrappers to take time to play with color and various options because sometimes a really small change can make a big difference!
And that's all there is to this one.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the bigger picture's words "pop" more, and I love the beautiful floral background! Thanks for joining our ONE challenge at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great job! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete