Thursday, September 6, 2012

Color My Heart challenge #14

I just discovered how challenging it can be to take a clear picture of a 3" card, LOL.  Still, I  got the outside done for this card so I can submit it for the Color My Heart challenge #14, to use Outdoor Denim, Indian Corn Blue, and Crystal Blue.  I haven't quite got the inside finished but plan for the sentiment to be "and only you could melt my heart," I'm just trying to figure out how  to make a heart look like it's melting.  Any thoughts?  Check out the other fabulous entries here:  http://colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com/2012/08/color-dare-14-outdoor-denim-indian-corn.html


I used the colors mentioned above and the Pair a Phrase stamp set, first stamping the image on Outdoor Denim using White Daisy and then stamping the image on white cardstock using Crystal Blue ink and cutting that image out, touching  it up the edges with Crystal Blue and using Indian Corn Blue  for the sentiment and the scarf and hat.

By the way, this little guy was the inspiration for my card, and after some consideration I cut back the sides of the white cardstock so that it looked like that snowman was also sitting on a block of ice.  You see, my husband's "hobby" is making ice and he is very particular about which trays he likes to use, etc.  So when I originally found this little figurine, naturally I had to get it because it makes me think of my guy.  We all got  a good  chuckle out of it and the figurine  sits on a little shelf in my kitchen year round.  That said, maybe you can guess who's getting the snowman card...

As always, thanks to Sarah and the gang at Color My Heart for another dose of inspiration!
Happy crafting,
Annette

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card--I love that snowman on a night sky. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete