Monday, September 17, 2012

Color My Heart - Go BIG!



I have been playing around with the idea for this card for quite some time but it really came together when I was checking out all the past sketches for the 1-year anniversary of Freshly Made Sketches and saw #37.  While I didn't get this card finished early enough to enter that challenge, the Heart2Heart blog's challenge last week was "Go BIG!" and make a card larger than 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" and when I sized the border to the height I wanted to use everything came together for a 6x6" card so I am entering it there, which makes me every bit as happy because all the materials for this card are CTMH products.

The patterned papers are from the retired Roxie kit which  featured Vanilla Cream, Tulip, Smoothie, Black, and Desert Sand.  I used Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the border and sentiment shape from Vanilla Cream cardstock and the hearts from the Roxie patterned paper.  I know it's hard to read the sentiment as the writing is rather small, but it's from the January 2013 stamp of the month "Happy  Valentine's" and reads, "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. ~ Emily Bronte"  I thought this was the *perfect* sentiment for this card!  I used black cardstock for the base of the Ying and Yang symbol but used the Groovy Times cartridge which is a Cricut product.  This is one of those times I don't think my photography skills do the card justice but I was happy with the results.

Happy crafting!

Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment