Monday, September 5, 2016

Random Stamping Projects for Between The Folds 29B


Hello and welcome back, crafty friends!  We are in our second week of projects featuring random stamping over at the Between The Folds challenge blog.  Not only is this really fitting since September is National Stamping Month, but it's one of those themes which are only limited by our imaginations, so the possibilities are virtually endless!


This one was really pretty simple once I settled on what I wanted to do.  I started with the recently retired "Diamonds Are Forever" stamp set from CTMH's May-August 2016 Seasonal Expressions idea book.  I tried making this on an A2 size card but that looked too crowded once I put my sentiment piece in place, so I started again with a 6" square card and liked how that looked much better.  I used a piece of Ruby CS for the base and then used Sapphire and Gypsy inks as well as the retired Topiary, Ruby, and Creme Brulee inks to stamp the jewels.  For the center piece, I used the center cut function on my Cricut Expression with the Artistry cartridge ( found on p.13 of the booklet) at 2" and 1 3/4" so that I came out with a thin frame of gold glitter paper, adhered that to a 2" cut of the same shape on white CS, and used Sapphire ink to stamp this sentiment from the same set.  The only thing missing is a little shimmer I want to add to the gems with a clear Shimmer Brush but I forgot to order it in time for this challenge.

I hope you will take time to check out the rest of the random stamping projects from the other design team members as well as our participants.  And as always, we'd love to have you join us this week at the Between The Folds challenge blog and share your project.  It's fun and it's easy, you just have to use some CTMH product (and let us know what  you used if it isn't obvious).  You have until 11:55 p.m Eastern/10:55 p.m. Central on Monday, September 11, 2016 to link your projects so there's still plenty of time to play along.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

1 comment:

  1. What a great card! Love all the colours that you used and the glitter paper behind the sentiment is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete