Wednesday, October 5, 2016

50th Birthday Card for AHSC #180

Hello, crafty friends!  A lifelong friend will be turning the big 5-0 in a few days so I was so happy I could use this week's sketch at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge to create a special card for the occasion.









details:  (All products used are from CTMH.)  I thought it was only fitting to add some touches of gold for a 50th birthday, and also a bit of black since I'm sure that seems to be a theme for the bigger milestone birthdays.  I started with a 4 x 6" base of Poppy CS with a 3 3/4 x 5 3/4" panel of Swan Lake.  For the panel behind the sentiment, I used the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the numbers panel out of Glacier CS at 4" height but I had to trim the right edge by hand to make it better fit the sketch.  I used the retired "Just a Number" stamp set for the sentiment panel (cut at 2 x 3 1/4" white CS with a base of 2 1/4 x 3 1/2").  For the trim, I used the gold diagonal striped zip strip from last May's "Happy Times" kit and a bit of the gold foil tape for the bottom part of the card and the black and gold  ribbon that goes along with the Swan Lake kit in the upper corner of the sentiment panel.  I cut 2 hearts out of gold glitter paper with the Artiste cartridge at 1 and 1 1/2" and used some retired white and black embroidery thread for the string for the larger balloon.  I tried to stamp the "50" on the larger balloon but the ink didn't show up well enough, so luckily I had some stickers left from last year's version of the basics fundamentals pack.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look, and be sure to check out all the participants' entries as well as the design team members' projects.  We'd love to see your take on this sketch, too, and you can link your project HERE by 10 pm Central Time on Sunday, 10/9/16.

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette




No comments:

Post a Comment