Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Floral Friendship Card for AHSC #194

Welcome, crafty friends!  My project today is inspired by this week's 
sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  I admit, this multiple-paneled kind of sketch is the most challenging to me and over the last few days I've taken several different approaches with it before I finally found one I felt satisfied with.

details:  I tweaked the sketch size a bit to give it a 6" square rather than the rectangle shown in the sketch so that I could incorporate this stamped image in the center panel.  The two patterned papers are both from last year's La Vie En Rose kit.  The panel on the left is cut from Pixie cardstock and trimmed with decorative scissors.  I used Pomegranate ink and a dauber to touch up the edges and to stamp the sentiment, which is from the retired "Someone Special" set.
The center panel is done on watercolor paper and features the retired "Candlelight Garden" stamp set.  I used black Memento ink to stamp the flowers/stems image and a silver ink pad from ColorBox to stamp the jar, and then I used the watercolor paints set to fill in the images.  The final touch was to tie a bow around the card with a length of Pixie-colored thick twine (retired).  And that's all there is to this one!

We'd love to see your take on this sketch too!  You have until 10 pm Central time on Sunday, 1/15/17, to link your creation HERE.  We are also having a Design Team member call for the upcoming term, and you can find more information and how to apply by following the same link.

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

1 comment:

  1. Love the background paper...it's funny I used it on my card as well but when I wrote up my blog I didn't remember the name of the paper, so you helped me out. Beautiful card and choice of design papers. I think my daughter has this paper, will have to pull from her stash.

    ReplyDelete