Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Sugar Rush Color Palette for BTF Challenge

Hello and welcome back, crafty friends!  This week's theme at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog is the Sugar Rush paper kit.  Unfortunately, I didn't order my kit in time so I challenged myself to get creative with the color palette.  Since my first craft love was stitching and fabric crafts, I decided to piece a quilt block card to send warm winter wishes to a good friend.

 details:  I began by cutting a 6" square card from White Daisy cardstock and a 6" square piece from Whisper for the base.  I used the retired Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the shape at 5 1/2" from White Daisy.  When I removed the paper from the cutting mat, I used my trimmer to trim the piece down to a 5 1/2" square and adhered the negative space pieces for the base of the quilt block.  I then cut the same sized star using the layer function from Sea Glass, Canary, and Blossom cardstock.  I used the outline or frame piece from the Sea Glass and then alternated the Canary and Blossom pieces.

I used Sea Glass ink and the twisty lines stamp from the Way To Go set in each of the corners for the "quilting" and the background stamps that came with the Flower Market cartridge on the Canary and Blossom pieces using Tangerine and Pomegranate inks.  I also used the Pomegranate ink with the stitched line stamp from the retired Elemental WOTG set for the border.  To finish off my "quilt," I used Raspberry ink to stamp the center button from the retired Buttons, Bits and Bobs set, and then I went over the button with my clear shimmer brush and secured it to the card with white twine.  I love how it turned out and can't wait to give it to my friend, probably with a loaf of strawberry bread fresh from my oven.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the other fabulous projects at the BTF Challenge Blog.  I also hope you find time in your busy week for a little crafting and decide to play along with us.  As always, you have until 11 pm Central time on Monday evening (1/16/17 for this challenge) to link your project using the link you can find here.  One last note, if you love creating with Close To My Heart products, we would love for you to consider joining our design team!  If you are interested, you can find more information on our current design team call by going here.

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy, and crafty, new year!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment