Monday, April 9, 2018

Gimme Some Sugar Thank You

Hello again, crafty friends!  Last week an old friend mentioned she was getting her kitchen prepped to get all new stainless steel appliances and she offered to "sell" me her barely used glass top oven  for next to nothing, what basically amounted the gas to deliver it and the time it took to load and unload it.  Since I have been making do with an apartment sized oven for several years to prepare all my family's meals, I was thrilled with her generous offer.  So naturally, I wanted to express my appreciation and since she is a far better cook than I am, I figured I had better to stick to creating a card.  Luckily, I had the *perfect* paper and coordinating stamp kit for the occasion!


details:  Everything for this one is from CTMH's Gimme Some Sugar paper kit and the coordinating cardmaking stamp set and Thin Cuts die set.  I used Heather ink to stamp the oven mit (on Bashful cardstock), rolling pin (on Pebble CS), and measuring cup and Juniper to stamp the sentiment from the retired M-sized set called Timely Tidings.  The pattern for the front of the card is pattern #21 from Make It From Your Heart Vol. 1.


For the inside of the card, I cut a strip of Bashful CS and topped it with another strip of this super cute kitchen themed paper, and then I used one of the PML cards from the kit to hand-write my message on.  This particular friend has never received one of my cards but I'm hoping she will be pleasantly surprised when she gets in the mail.

Thanks for stopping by and looking!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment