Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Your Ticket for AHSC #260



Hello again, crafty friends!  Slowly but surely my family and I are getting back into the swing of things after numerous health issues among us and the passing of my beloved 104 year old grandfather.  So when it was time to sit down and craft this week;s sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, I wanted to create something with a fun and festive feel to it and this paper immediately came to mind.  Let's get started!




details:  I started with this fun paper from Carta Bella from their Circus Party collection.  I used Cricut Design Space to edit a basic ticket image from the Art Philosophy cartridge and cut it in black CS, and on the bottom of that image I used Versamark and white embossing powder to heat emboss the "you're invited" sentiment from a retired set called Simple Invites.

I used the It's A Date stamp set with black Memento ink to create the little calendar image on Tulip cardstock (retired) which I then ran through my Cuttlebug with the largest of the basic tag Thin Cuts and hand-trimmed that down a bit to make it fit the sketch the way I wanted.  I also ran some older black and white twine from Darice through the top of the tag.  For the "29" image, I used black ink with the retired small Chocolate alpha on Lagoon cardstock, and centered the stamped numbers in an older Darice punch of a 1 1/4" squre with tattered edges.  I then touched up the edges of both the tag and square with more black Memento ink and a sponge dauber.

I was thinking of using this piece as a template invitations to upcoming crops and I love the clean, graphic look of it but I am not entirely happy with the embossed sentiment.  I will have to play with it more to see if I simply pressed the stamp too hard, if I need to use a different sentiment, or if I will have to use a lighter color for the ticket so that the sentiment can be stamped in black ink.  Still, this was a fun sketch to work with and I think I will play with it some more on my own time.  We would love to see what you do with it too!  You have until 10:55 pm Eastern/9:55 pm Central on Sunday, 4/22/18, to play along and you can enter your projects HERE.  If you need a little inspiration, you can also check out the design team's creations using this week's sketch.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment