Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Your Country Theme for AHSC #259


Hello again, crafty friends!  This isn't my design team's week on the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog but our hostess Michelle Stewart came up with such a fun sketch idea for this week, to create a sketch for each of our country of origin, that almost all of us are playing along.   How awesome is that?  Let's get started!

If you have visited my blog before, this project might seem familiar because I have used the USA stamp and a different camper image from the same set as another project I did based on this same paper pack.  I had planned to use my Hello USA Cricut cartridge from CTMH but I couldn't find the paper I had in mind for that project so I dig out the last of this lovely Juniper-colored grain patterned paper and this whimsical forest patterned paper, both from the recently retired JACK kit.  I used black Memento ink to stamp the USA image from a retired set called Adventure USA, and the camper and sentiment from another retired set called Camper Crazy.  I also used the Warm Grey 4Warm Grey 7Turquoise Blue, and Carmine ShinHan alcohol markers as well as the metallic silver marker to add some touches of color to the camper image.  I plan for this to be a retirement card and while I don't have anyone in particular in mind for this card just yet, camping is very popular in our area so I should have no problem finding someone to give it to.

And that's all there is to my project for today.  I hope you will take time to check out the rest of the design team's creations and we would also love to see your take on this week's sketches too.  As always, you have until 10:55 pm Eastern/9:55 pm Central time to link your projects HERE.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment